Saturday, February 03, 2007

Adding Some Pinoy Sense Into My Sense of Humor

Most Filipino people live hard lives. Add to that the ever-growing prices of the basic goods and the seemingly incurable corrupt system wherever you go. The reality, doesn't offer a bit of hope, yet the Pinoys have a way of ventilating their minds amid the chaos.

I've been to other places in the world--places that are pollution-free, places with absolute order of things, places where almost everyone enjoys the luxuries offered by the material world, yet, I only noticed one thing--Pinoys are saner no matter what. Why? Pinoys basically know how to humor themselves. They even know how to poke fun at their own misfortunes. Well, that makes life one hell of a circus. But it definitely works!


I can just imagine, being a Pinoy myself, how the silly little stuff that we do easily brand us as "ignoramuses" in the eyes of the more advanced modern world. But what the heck! We all need our fifth and most important sense--a good sense of humor.


So everyone, I'm hoping to be able to view this page and forget the rest of the world for a minute and be able to laugh. I hope you will too. Peace!

No comments: